Thank you for your interest in the vacancies listed below. We pride ourselves on the welcome we extend to all and invite you to come and experience first hand what we offer as a school.
If you decide to apply for any of these posts then please contact the person named on the advertisement (0115 932 2896) for an informal chat in the first instance and if you wish, to arrange a visit to the school.
We hope you find our vacancy page useful and informative and we look forward to showing you around our school.
Diocese of Nottingham in partnership with Saint John Houghton Catholic Voluntary Academy. A Specialist Science College
642 on roll / 11-16 mixed
Please follow this procedure:
- If you wish to visit the school please contact us by phone on: 0115 932 2896
- Download the relevant application form, recruitment monitoring form and rehabilitation of offenders form and notes to applicants (a link to these documents can be found at the foot of this page)
- Complete and sign the application and all documents – we require an original hard copy signature on all applications (you may submit an email version in advance if you wish)
- Post or deliver the documents to us by the advertised closing date
Admin Assistant (Permanent)
Required for September 2018
Salary: The Living Wage (paid pro rota)
(Currently £16,880 per annum Full Time Equivalent)
Start date: 03 September 2018
37 hours per week (8am to 4pm Monday to Friday)
40 weeks per year (term time + 5 INSET Days + 1 week)
Closing date: Tuesday 26 June 2018 (midday)
Shortlisting: Wednesday 27 June 2018
Interviews: Working interviews will be held during week commencing Monday 02 July 2018
We are looking for:
- Good numeracy and literacy skills (GCSE Grade C or above in English and Maths)
- Ability maintain confidentiality
- Competent user of IT software packages including Microsoft Office [particularly Microsoft Word and Excel].
- Excellent keyboard skills
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent time management and prioritisation skills
Please click here for full details:
To apply please complete and sign all three of the following documents:
- Support Staff Application form
- Rehabilitation of Offenders Act Form
- Recruitment Monitoring Form
These forms are available from the very bottom of this page
If you have any queries please contact Helen Swindell (HR & Admin Manager) by telephone 0115 932 2896 or email:
Completed application forms should be posted (to be received by midday on Tuesday 26 June 2018) to:
Helen Swindell HR & Admin Manager
Saint John Houghton Catholic Voluntary Academy
Derbyshire DE7 4HX
You may also send an electronic copy to:
Are you interested in joining our team of invigilators? If so, please contact Jackie Morris (Examinations Officer) on 0115 932 2896 for further details.