Thank you for your interest in the vacancies listed below. We pride ourselves on the welcome we extend to all and invite you to come and experience first hand what we offer as a school.
If you decide to apply for any of these posts then please contact the person named on the advertisement (0115 932 2896) for an informal chat in the first instance and if you wish, to arrange a visit to the school.
We hope you find our vacancy page useful and informative and we look forward to showing you around our school.
Diocese of Nottingham in partnership with Saint John Houghton Catholic Voluntary Academy. A Specialist Science College
642 on roll / 11-16 mixed
Please follow this procedure:
- If you wish to visit the school please contact us by phone on: 0115 932 2896
- Download the relevant application form, recruitment monitoring form and rehabilitation of offenders form and notes to applicants (a link to these documents can be found at the foot of this page)
- Complete and sign the application and all documents – we require an original hard copy signature on all applications (you may submit an email version in advance if you wish)
- Post or deliver the documents to us by the advertised closing date
Term Time Only – Fixed Term to September 2018
(with the possibility of an extension)
Required AS SOON AS POSSIBLE
Closing date: Monday 16 October 2017 (midday)
Interviews: Thursday 19 October 2017
The successful candidate will assist in operating and maintaining the Academy’s accounting procedures and systems in co-operation with the Finance Manager (using Capita SIMs FMS accounting software).
For more information, please consult the Job Description.
Saint John Houghton can offer the successful candidate:
- A welcoming and supportive community with a clear sense of its Catholic identity
- Opportunities to develop the role
Please click here for full details:
Application forms are available at the very bottom of this page.
You will need to complete and sign the following three forms:
- Support Staff Application Form
- Recruitment Monitoring Form
- Rehabilitation of Offenders Monitoring Form
Please post signed forms to:
Human Resources Department
Saint John Houghton Catholic Voluntary Academy
Derbyshire DE7 4HX
Please include a covering letter of application of no more than 500 words outlining your suitability for the post.
In addition, you may also email a copy of your application to:
If you have any queries about these posts please contact:
Mrs Helen Swindell our HR Manager:
Telephone: 0115 932 2896 ext 269
Are you interested in joining our team of invigilators? If so, please contact Jackie Morris (Examinations Officer) on 0115 932 2896 for further details.